Thursday, February 26, 2015

What She Made



 Hello and Welcome to my first "What She Made" post. These posts will be to show off my 6 yr old daughter's (Ellie) Art Journal.

 A little about Ellie.. She is 6 yrs old, birthday is in July, the oldest of three and she loves being in the craft room with me. She usually likes to play around on paper and thats when I decided to get her own little book to start keeping her arts in.

Here are her first three pages.

 This is her cover page. She used Distress inks (Peacock Feathers, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed). She then splattered water all over the page. Next She used a Heidi Swapp mini stencil (the circles) and black water color paint. She then used the Zigway glue pen and next sprinkled on some glitter. She finished off this page with a few Doodlebug sequins from the Rainbow set.

These two pages are near and dear to the both of us. This past weekend our little dog, Lala, went missing. We live in high coyote county, but are still holding out hope that she will return. I just told Ellie on Tuesday night and it was the hardest thing for me to have to do. She is so up set. She asked if I had any pictures she could have of Lala. I told her I could print them for her. So I printed a stack of pictures and she picked these two for her pages..

The first thing I did on the pages was lay down a thin layer of acrylic white paint, just to help seal in the colors and keep them from bleeding into the other pages. She then used Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feather and Mustard Seed) to fill in the backgrounds. Then used a Heidi Swapp mini stencil (the little arrows) and black ink (sorry, cant remember if it was Momento or StazOn). Next she used a heart stamp and embossing ink, followed by some embossing powder (Cant remember the brand but the color is "Snow"). She used the same heart stamp and stamped a few hearts with Distress Ink (Barn Door). We made the banner, and added a couple more sentiments to the pages. She finished the pages up by adding a few sticky rhinestones and flourishes.

It breaks my heart to look at these pages, but Im glad she will forever have them!

Thank you for stopping by. Come back next week for my Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, as well as another What She Made!

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment