Tuesday, March 3, 2015

You're Tea-riffic! Anything Goes!



 Hello everyone!! Thanks for stopping by. This weeks challenge theme over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is "Anything Goes."  I decided to make a mixed media card. It was a lot of fun!


I started out the base by blending Distress ink in Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade.I then used the Tim Holtz Faded Dot stencil with grey acrylic paint, and the Tim Holtz Splatters stencil with Momento Tuxedo Black into.. Next I went around the edges with Faber-Castell Geloto in Metallic Melon and blended it out with my finger. I then took a little looped boarder stamp and used Versamark and Recollections Clear embossing power, I did the stamp in a line all down the front of the card, flipping the stamp back and forth each time. On a separate piece of white card stock I stamped little cup from the Fiskars Latte Love set, I stamped it using StazOn Jet Black. I colored it in using Prismacolor pencils, blending them in with a stump from Assorted Tortillion set. I used the Metallic Blueberry geloto around the edge of the card stock, blending it in again with my finger. I finished of the stamp with a little Glossy Accents on the steam and the spoon. I finished off the back ground card with the "you're tea-riffic" stamp also from the Fiskars Latte Love set. I mounted the tea cup card onto the background with thin foam strips, and mounting the whole thing onto a 5.5x4 Recollections pre-made card base.

I love the way this card turned out. It would be great for a friend, a co-worked, teacher or just anyone who helped you out, I really love the embossed lines in the black ground and the splatter rings at the top right, they remind me of rings left from a glass. 

This was my first time playing with Gelotos and I have to say, Im hooked. I bought another set and LOVE them. 

Thank you for stopping by. Leave me a comment and a link to your blog, I always love finding new inspiration. 

-Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment