Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mixed Media Thursday



  Hello friends! Today I am starting a new Thursday posts just for my Mixed Media projects. When I first discovered Mixed Media/Art journaling, I was watching videos on Youtube for stamping and happen to click on an art journal video, curious to see what it was.. At first, I didnt get why people did it.. But then I gave it a try and Im hooked.. I love mixing things together and seeing what I can come up with.. You can start with a project looking one was and end with it looking completely different.  Below are two projects Ive done.



This is my shout out to the month of March. My intentions when I started this projects was to make a card for my parents. Their wedding aniversary is on the 17th and my mom's birthday is the 20th. Let me apologize now for not having a list of the supplied I used. Ill include what I remember here. I ripped some scrapbook paper for the corners, used modge podge to glue them down. I then stamped the white space with a splatter/spotty stamp with versamark, used Recollections embossing powder in Snow. I then used Distress Ink Crushed Olive, Tumbled Glass and Wild Honey all over the background, including on the scrap paper. I went around the edges using Metallic Mint Gelato , blending it with my finger. I used my Cricut to cut out the hearts (George and Basic Shapes). I cut 9 out of plain white, glued three together to make 3 leaves to add dimension, and cut out 6 more hearts from a pattern paper. I used water, Distress ink Tumbled Glass and Crushed Olive and rubbed the patterned hearts in them. Used Versamark, a scrollish stamp, Recollections embossing powder in Clear and then tried to sew them all together using my sewing machine.. That didnt work, my machine was having issues, so I had stitched them. I hand cut a stem, two actually and glued them together to add dimension. I glued the hearts down to make a clover. I went around the edge of the clover with a black Prismacolor pencil an d blended it out using baby oil and a paper stump. I then used a font stamp to stamp the words. I used StazOn Jet Black and Distress Ink Barn Door. I added a little bakers twin bow to the clover stem. Glued on Doodle Bug sequins and finished it up with a faux stitch stamp.  Oh and I used a little green velvet brad to finish off the center of the clover.
Because I lined up the top heart for the clover right on the fold and then added the brad in the center, I was unable to fold it anymore. So it isnt a card anymore.. Ill probably hang it in my house some place for the month of March.
Here's a couple of close ups



I went out and bought my first Art Journal book. I got a Strathmore 500 Series Mixed Media from Michaels. It seems to be a nice book.
This page is made for my little LaLa who went missing a little over a week ago. She was a 4 yr old Lhasa Apso mix. She must have ventured to far away one night. (We live in high coyote country, saddly) She is deeply missed by my self and my children.

I actually tried to do a video of this one, but my phone was (and still is) being difficult. I need to find my digital camera cord so I can charge it. So maybe in the future Ill get a video done!

I started by drawing the little dog face. I tried doing it in acrylic paint first but it didnt turn out well. Next I used Prismacolor pencils and I absolutely love the way it turned out. I blended the colors with baby oil and a paper stump.

Here is a list of all the supplies I used on this page:

Prismacolor pencils
Baby oil for blending
Distress Inks: Picked Raspberry, Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed
Gelotos- Metallic Melon, Tropical colors Pink, Blue and Green (not sure the names of the colors)
Versamark embossing ink
Versamagic: Thatched Straw, Cloud White, Red Magic
Recollections Embossing Powder Clear
Wow Embossing Powder Gold Pearl
Gel Medium
Stamps:
Lawn Fawn Starry Backdrops
Jillibean Soup ("This is me Missing you" not sure the name of the set)
Creative Cafe (The Lala letters)
Tim Holtz- Simple Saying
Fiskars- Newsprint
Heidi Swapp- Clear Stamp Script
Tim Holtz Faded Dot Stencil
Tissue Paper

Thank you for stopping by! I look forward to creating and sharing my next projects with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment